3.02.2014

A fresh year

I had a birthday yesterday. And I feel good about it.

Sure I have been sick for half of 2014 so far (2nd round of antibiotics now) but the end of the cough is within sight. The weather is crazy around here (surprise snowfall time and time again in a place that rarely gets snow) it's certainly not BORING.

But now I am 42 and "42 is the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything" (according to Douglas Adams)! What an awesome excuse to have a terrific year!

What is the plan?

Be accountable.
-health
-nutrition
-education
-parenting
-home

I truly believe a lot of society's problems these days stem from people not taking accountability for their own outcomes. I have fallen into complacency, letting things happen TO me instead of making things happen FOR me. A big no-no in my books.

Two easy questions to ask:

Are my actions in line with my values?
Are the steps I take leading towards my goals?

If the answer is "no" at any point, do a course correction before it gets too late. The trick is to ask the key questions at the right points! BEFORE the chocolate bar,  BEFORE the hours are wasted at TV, BEFORE thrift shopping, BEFORE tempers are lost.... you get the idea.

I know the right things to do. I just have been lazy, really lazy.
NO MORE! 42 is the magic number for me!

No comments: