3.05.2014

One Step More

With every step I get closer to my goals

I loaded 2 more boxes into the trunk for the charity shop yesterday: an ugly sweater and some bulky kitchen items that I no longer use.

Also, a small bag of non-perishable foods for the food bank of gift "gourmet" foods that aren't to our family's taste.... too many man-made unpronounceable ingredients for us. I feel slightly guilty about donating those items because I don't think they ever should have been made in the first place. But hopefully, someone will actually want them and be thankful for something different in the food hamper?

There is a bag of semi-valuable items set aside for my dear, charitable re-seller friend (she takes items and sells them online to raise funds for the education of a poor family she knows in Tibet - a wonderful cause that I love being able to contribute to in some small part).

And there is the pile of games/puzzles I have set aside for a neighbour friend with young kids.

One more area of success.... cleaning supplies. I went into all the areas where they hide and figured out which ones were in the wrong spot for the job they are supposed to do. This is a category where the "use it up challenge" is ongoing. Once I have used up most of these chemical supplies, I will not be replacing them. Vinegar, Baking Soda, Lemon and other simple ingredients do a good job when you know how to use them... there are loads of tips online to help me transition!

Always more work to be done... but with every item I release, I find that much more room to breathe, that is my motivation to keep at it.

No comments: